General information about the doctoral study
Based on the Decision on the organization and execution of the doctoral study of Molecular Biosciences from February 20, 2006, the study was established in the academic year 2005/2006.
Permission to perform studies of the Ministry of Science, Education and Sports was obtained on December 20, 2007.
Interdisciplinarity is a fundamental feature of the doctoral study of Molecular Biosciences that functionally integrates:
field of natural sciences - field of biology and field of chemistry
field of biomedicine and healthcare - field of basic medical science,
field of biotechnical sciences - field of food technology, field of agriculture (agronomy)
The study program of the doctoral study of Molecular Biosciences contains:
elective subjects in different modules
materials science and new technologies
biology of the sea
The doctoral study lasts six semesters: compulsory and methodological elective courses are listened to in the first semester, elective courses in modules are listened to in the second semester, and in other semesters the student is dedicated exclusively to the preparation of the doctoral dissertation. Upon completion of the study, one acquires the academic degree of Doctor of Science in the Interdisciplinary Field of Science with an indication of at least two scientific fields in which the content of the doctoral thesis belongs.
Doctoral study price 6184,88 € (FTK: 7,53458;46.600,00 HRK).
Conditions of enrolment to study
Students with completed undergraduate or graduate university studies can enroll as follows:
- in the fields of biotechnical, biomedical and natural sciences (biology, chemistry, physics, food technology, chemical engineering, biotechnology, human and veterinary medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, agriculture and forestry);
- other undergraduate studies with the passing of distinguishing courses established by the Council of Doctoral Studies.
The study can be enrolled by applicants who have received a master's degree in an adequate doctoral study. The number of recognized ECTS credits for enrolment in a particular semester is approved by the Council of doctoral studies depending on the attached qualifications (number of published papers, academic degree of Master of Science, participation in conferences, etc.).
The study can be enrolled by persons whose average grade in undergraduate or graduate university studies was at least 3.5. Persons whose grade is below 3.51 have an exceptional right of admission provided that they have the recommendation of two distinguished scientists or a university professor of the higher education institution where they graduated.
Knowledge of a world language
The application for the competition must contain
- personal data of the applicant with an indication of the address of the residence,
- motivational letter and a brief description of scientific research interest
- a copy of the certificate of the dominance or proof of nationality
- certified copy of the diploma on completed undergraduate or graduate university studies
- transcript of ratings with a prominent average score to be higher than 3.5
- recommendations of two distinguished scientists or university professors of the higher education institution where they graduated (if the average is less than 3.5)
- a statement of knowledge of a world language
- confirmation of the institution or the applicant's statement in writing on the obligation to pay tuition fees
Applications are submitted in person or sent by post within 30 days of the publication of the competition to the address:
Josip Juraj Strossmayer University of Osijek
Department of Biology
Emperor Hadrian Street 8/A
with the indication "application for molecular bioscience study"
More detailed information about the study can be obtained at the Secretariat of the Doctoral Study of Molecular Biosciences at the Department of Biology, Josip Juraj Strossmayer University of Osijek, Cara Hadrijana 8/A (Building 3 of the University Campus), on the phone of the Student Office +385 31 399 906, by email email@example.com or on the website http:/mobi.unios.hr